Loading the pdf file in DB and showing the first page(cover) of the pdf file in Grid.

Posted by Gokul under Regular Expressions on 11/30/2010 | Points: 10 | Views : 1101 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 5
Hi friends,
I am creating a sample webpage . I am uploading the pdf file along with the file details as name, size and comment into the DB by Fileuploading tool. I want to show all the details in the grid. When i try to load the datas from DB i am able to load only the other details but i am not able to load the front page(cover) of the pdf file. Can any one help me in solving out???????????????????

Thanks and Regards,
GokulNath Nithy.

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 12/1/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
I understand you until here

I am creating a sample webpage . I am uploading the pdf file along with the file details as name, size and comment into the DB by Fileuploading tool. I want to show all the details in the grid.

can you please explain clearly what you want to achieve ?

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Gokul, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Gokul on: 12/1/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
I want to display all the deails of the pdf like name, size and frontpage. Tell me how to save and load a pdf file from Db itno grid?

Thanks and Regards,
GokulNath Nithy.

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 12/1/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
i think i have to write an article for this , i see it coming again. Ok Gokul , to save the pdf to SQL you can follow this, convert to binary and save
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/243237/save-pdf-to-a-sql-binary-net

and on the process of Uploading your file you can get the file size , but the size is in bytes

lblFilesize.Text = Convert.ToString(FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentLength);

lblFileName.Text = FileUpload1.FileName;

Hope this helps

[Administrator]

Posted by: Gokul on: 12/1/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
I am not getting it clearly. Can u explain in detail. Pls?

Thanks and Regards,
GokulNath Nithy.

Up
Down
an Upload control will need you to have an extra button, so when the user click the Upload extra button, Check the Size and name of the File from your UploadControl as i did in the previous example.

Understand ?

[Administrator]

Login to post response