1. View is a Virtual table. Not a Temporary, Physical table.
2. View is used to Encapsulate/protect some importent/sensitive column data.
- You might have faced some situation in your company like... You don't have direct rights to access the actual physical Table... Instead you only have access the View instaed. The meaning is , They have protected/encapsulated some importent/sensitive column.
So, you can only access the columns of a table which they have provided inside the View, But you can not access all the columns from the Table.
- Performing Insert, Update & Delete is not recommended using View. The view is recommended for Read operation, Not for write operation, In that case, you have to use Stored Procedure, But you can not see the actual procedures' script like what they have used inside the procedure , The actual procedure will also be Encrypted. This is also one of Encapsulation of hiding Business rules/sensitive column.
- You will not have rights to View the definition of the Stored Procedures /View and don't have direct access to the physical table.
- Some authorized person only have Sysadmin rights....
Please refer for deep drive into View...
CheersGopal_nivas, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator