Want to add one empty row in grid.....

Posted by Davkings under ASP.NET on 12/27/2010 | Points: 10 | Views : 2064 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
I have a button out side the gridview and I want to have one row empty row initially,In the initial row i have text box,label which is the serial number and dropdown list box,Once i enter the values in the first row those values will be stores in the database and another empty row should come in the grid along witht the value entered row,This should happen in runtime.can any one help me out in this one how do i fix this issue?I know I have to user footertemplate but idont kow.

Responses

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/5/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi

For every empty row needed, before binding the data to the dataset you can make a empty null row to the ds...

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Davkings, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Prabhakar on: 1/17/2011 [Member] [MVP] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi Davkings

i think it is not possible to generate blank row in data base... but on Girdview_ItemInserting event u Ineter pnly Uid.. Means only Uid enterd on Inserting & after insertin on GridviewUpdating event u Update ur data on blank row..

Hope fully code working for u ..
Prabhakar

Best Regard's
Prabhakar

Davkings, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response