Authentication doubt. Can any clear it?

Posted by Gokul under Regular Expressions on 12/28/2010 | Points: 10 | Views : 1122 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1
Dear Friends
I have developed a sample a web application with login control. I used the authentication method for authentication and authorisation by configuration tool. I have placed a master page in my application that contains home page , secure page and login page link buttons. After i logged in into Secure Page in my application through login page, after that when i try to access the home page by clicking the homepage link button, i am not able to navigate to the Home Page. But Before logging into the Secure Page, i am able to access all the pages. I have placed the secure page inside the folder secure in my application. Can any one tell me how to rectify this error?

I have shown the error below:

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Auth/Secure/Home.aspx

Thanks and Regards,
GokulNath Nithy.

Posted by: SheoNarayan on: 12/28/2010 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

At first look, it seems you are not providing the correct URL of the page. Try to directly write the url in the browser address box. In any case ASP.NET Authentication should not give 404 error but it should redirect to login page or show access denied error.

Check the url of the link and make sure that it is pointing to the correct page.

Sheo Narayan

Gokul, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response