my local host is taking long time to load asp.net static page

Posted by ramkumarsubramaniyamust-global-6869 under Others on 1/7/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 5351 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 6
Hi All,

I'm trying to run my web application (DotNet 2008 codings, static pages) on a website on winXP system, but IIS response is very slow. It takes long time to load the pages, this is for all the users.

Responses

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/7/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

after loading for long time does the users able to view the page? or its redirecting to some fault page???

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

ramkumarsubramaniyamust-global-6869, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: ramkumarsubramaniyamust-global-6869 on: 1/7/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Karthikanbarasan,
While loading itself it takes long time to load the page

ramkumarsubramaniyamust-global-6869, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Sankkrit on: 1/7/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
There might be issue in the processing of the page you want to load first. so its better to check the code in the first page and also there might be some issue regarding the net speed, if the connection is also too slow the page will take more time to load.
The other thing that might be a cause is so many images and controls on the page, as if there are too may of them the page could become slower because the server loads each and every control.

Posted by: ramkumarsubramaniyamust-global-6869 on: 1/7/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Sankkrit,
My first page is index.aspx only. it was loading fastly two days back. suddenly it happens. and net connection is fast only.

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/7/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Please use HTTPWatch professional software and check the flow... This software is very useful to check the page flow... You can easily catch the issue why its getting delayed with this software

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Posted by: prabhakarpandeynetsutra-12829 on: 12/3/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
You can do following attempts to reduce the loading time.

1:Disable view-state of as many control as possible as it contains data while traveling in network.
2:Make compilation debug="false" in web.config page.
3:Use efficient query(using indexing,avoid complex normalization and joins)
4:Use as much as css possible.

You can find further details on:
http://prabhakaritstuff.wordpress.com/

Login to post response