WCF Deployment issue

Posted by Singi.ravi under WCF on 1/12/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1271 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 5
Hi,

Am having a CRM application in windows and Web versions developed using MS.Net technologies.If we plan to do the middle layer using WCF,for using these services in both the versions,how my deployment strategy should be?can i use the wcf services from IIS for both wsHttpBinding as well as nettcpbinding?

Can anybody please help me?.

Thanks in advance,
Ravi.

Responses

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/12/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

From my consideration for the website u can go with the IIS using the wshttpbinding and for the win app u can make use of the Windows activation service(WAS) using the nettcpbinding...

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Singi.ravi, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Singi.ravi on: 1/12/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks Karthik

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/12/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Welcome Singi Ravi

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Posted by: Suresh.mekkattil on: 1/12/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

I prefer a self hosting of services

-----
Suresh M

Posted by: Shishirdk on: 1/13/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Ravi,

The scenario in which you want to use requires same service to be made available in two different Bindings.
Thus a WCF Service could be hosted as a windows service exposing same WCF service in two different Bindings using
two EndPoints.This also reduces the service maintanability, which in other case you will have to host in IIS as well as WAS.

Hope this helps you resolve your doubt.

-Shishir

Login to post response