how to restart application if windows shut down automatically

Posted by Rohik under C# on 1/17/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 2092 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
Hi all,

as you all know I am developing windows application.
I am running my application by threads.
and if system shut down prior my application ends then when system starts I want to start my application automatically.
how to check that??

please help!!!

Happy Programming!!
Rohi

Responses

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/17/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Rohi,

Few questions, are u going to use it in your system or you want this requirement(to autostart) implemented in your coding so that u can deploy to client machine as wel?
If you gng to install inclient machine are u using any setup and deployment kit so that we can incorporate on that as well to accomplish this task.

Please let me know your requirement so that we can give appropriate solution

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Rohik, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: RohiK on: 1/19/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Karthik,

thanks for your reply.
now I understand I should describe my question little bit more.
My application is helpful for a website . in admin side , admin have to upload more that 30-60 images in a single page.
If I will write that uploading code on web page it will takes much time. so i am giving him a mashine application by which i gonna to use multithreading concept to upload files
It is running and in much better way.
so my problem is when my application is running to back end side and due to some problem system restarts or user will restart system , that time my application should start and it will upload files from where it ends previously.
what I need to do?

Happy Programming!!
Rohi

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/19/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Rohik,

Nice requirement... we can implement this, before that we need to see the architecture. When uploading the files are u storing anywer the information like it got uploaded or not.

We can do this by making your own architecture on how to handle ur requirement. Otherwise we can use a windows service to do the upload in the backend, even if the system restarts it will automatically take it and upload.

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Login to post response