i was created master page in development env , now i need to deploy that onto production env can i k

Posted by Saidireddyj under SharePoint on 1/25/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1387 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 5
i was created master page in development env , now i need to deploy that onto production env can i know process?
dnt give me u r ans as tip in single line? can u people give me step by step processs plz?
thanks & regards
Saidi

Responses

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/25/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Saidi ,

You want to know the deployment process... have a look at the below link...

http://www.asp.net/hosting/tutorials/deploying-your-site-using-visual-studio-cs

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Saidireddyj, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Saidireddyj on: 1/26/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi karthik,

what ever link u provided me is deployment of site, i want master page deployment process.

Thanks & Regards
Saidi

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/27/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Saidi,

Yes, the deployment process which microsoft suggest is the complete publish of a website which includes a master page and other aspx pages... if you want to deploy only the master page then its not to make sense in real time.

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Posted by: Saidireddyj on: 1/27/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi karthik,
once if we are deploy hole site including masterpage to production, after i need to change only masterpage then at that time what we will do ? we will deploy hole site including with new masterpage again or u will deploy only materpage?
dnt feel bad abt my question because i am learning am getting doubts thats y i am freely asking?

Thanks & Regards
Saidi

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/27/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Saidi,

Nothing thr to feel bad... we are here to help you.

The thing is it should be re-deloyed the whole site again. When u make some changes in the .master.cs page it acts like a library which wen deployed will be in the dll format for the project... if we make changes only in the design then its not a problem we can directly move the aspx page and run.

So its always better to re deploy the whole site inorder to miss any changes

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Login to post response