How to move/copy my website to production server

Posted by Ptharak under SharePoint on 1/31/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 2128 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
I had Created Website in my Development system, now I want to move this site/application to production server
How to move/copy my website to production server

Thanks & Regards
Tharak

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 1/31/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
It is Simple. Copy all the files and Paste it in the Directory on your server, if you are using a Database, you need to change the connection string to point to the SQL Server or Database server on the Server. and set the default document to the page you want.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Ptharak, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 1/31/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

Microsoft always suggests to use the Visual studio publish option to publish a web site...once u publish that in a server u can simply copy the contents and move to n number of serves only thing we need to check the web.config in order to replace the conn strings for each and every environmnet

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Posted by: Eshwargee on: 3/20/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
I think we have to take a backup of your site/application/form from central admin and restore into the production server.

Will it get all customized sites?
Am I right?

Eshwar,

Login to post response