Regarding answering the questions [Resolved]

Posted by Madhuk under DotNetFunda.Com on 1/31/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1204 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 5
Hello Moderators,

I could see few questions have been answered after a month are two and even more where the op may have been finished his requirement long back. Answering that questions may help other members but with similar answers that are already posted for the question looks weird. This shouldn't look like members are answering just for the points or so. Moderators should have a look into this and Members should be encouraged to mark the answers as solved once they get the answer for the questions or finish their requirement.

Thanks
Madhu.K

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 2/1/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
Good Day All

Thank you again for voicing this out. We had a look at this issues raised , and we agreed that they will be implemented.

1) if the post is marked as "Resolved" we will not allow any user from posting on that post.

2) if the post is 1 week old , we will send an email to the Poster ,asking him to mark his post as "Resolved" if he has got a Solution to his Problem , if he does not reply within 3 days to those post, we will mark the post as "Resolved", if there is no asnwer to the post , we will personally give a Solution or alternative to the solution and mark it as "Resolved"

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Madhuk, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Chvrsri on: 1/31/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Madhu,

Yes. I agree to your point partially. Generally this happens, when a new member arrives he will be in a hurry to gain points. Users must be more responsible in answering . Some of them even answer for the questions which have been resolved.So it depends on the individuals there is nothing to do with moderators. Any how if a particular post is objectionable kindly report to web master , he will look after.

Thanks.

Thanks,
Radha Srikanth

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 2/1/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Radha,

Agreed to your point... But some of the posts when the user clicks on Mark as Answer the moderators can close the post so that no more editing happens to that post... also we can have a revisit for posts more than 1 or 2 months not resolved so that those can be closed.

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Posted by: Chvrsri on: 2/1/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Vuyiswamb,

The proposals which were made by was really good. I want to add a small specification for 2nd proposal.

When a user doesnt resolve his post even there are several answers . can we have an option for user like "Not Satsfied" that mean to say that even after multiple answers he didnt figured out the problem.

If you as a moderator resolve the post by giving some related answer i feel you are restricting the user .

Thanks,
Radha Srikanth

Posted by: Chvrsri on: 2/1/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi all,

I found an intresting observation.. Look at this thread
http://www.dotnetfunda.com/forums/thread597-how-to-create-auto-refresh-in-aspnet.aspx

This was Posted on: 6/23/2009
and was recently replied on 1/29/2011

The actual poster didnt replied atleast once the thing he made was. he just asked the question thts it.......

I dont think there is a need in replying these kind of dead threads..... I understand tht if we reply it might help some one. If that someone is really in need of a question he will directly post a question....

Hope all take this in a positive way....

Thanks,
Radha Srikanth

Login to post response