Import/Export Wizard

Posted by Nazirk under Sql Server on 2/20/2009 | Views : 2610 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hi All,

I have installed SQL Server 2005 with Management Studio Express,

I want to do import/export on some database, i am doing right click on the database name but i am unable to view the option for import/export.

I am aware that import export comes when we do right click on the database, but this time for any database i choose i am unable to view import/export option.

Do any one have any idea what is going wrong in this or had some thing went wrong during the installation,

Quick reply appreciated!!!!

regards,

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 2/20/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
You must Stop using words like

Quick reply

Rememeber you are not paying us to do this. To answer your question , SQL2000 and 2005 has changed , In 2000 we use to right clikc and import or use DTS wizard to do it. But in SQL 2005 you must right clikc the Database and Select the task option that will show you the Options "Import data" and "Export Data" at the Bottom and you will see the Dialog that will guide you to the end.

its not a feuture , it comes with SQL 2005

Hope it helps

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Nazirk, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Nazirk on: 2/20/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Well thanx for ur reply Vuyiswamb,
Actually there was no unprofessional or wrong intention of me while writing "quick reply" in my post.... if it still hurted u then i apologize it.
Regarding the response related to my query, i understood what u said regarding the import/export options in the database explorer, but still i am unable to view it... i tried re-installing sql express 2005 but still it didnt show import/export option.... wt is that going wrong....

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 3/6/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Morning Nazirk

Am Sorry for Replying so late, it was not my intentions, i did not receive an e-mail telling me that you have replied. Can you please Send me the Screenshot to my e-mail onthe Steps you are taking to do this

vuyiswa@its.co.za

Thank you

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Login to post response