Strange Behavior in DevExpression Ajax [Resolved]

Posted by Vuyiswamb under ASP.NET AJAX on 2/17/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1199 | Status : [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] | Replies : 1
Good Evening My friends

I have been helping you , now its your turn to help :)

Due to Limitations in the Telerik, meaning that there is no nice Pop Control , and i want to create my own as i did in my previous article. I have used the DevExpress Popup Control and i have a Telerik Gridview inside it and i can nicely search for records and i can select the record from the Grid and i have a button that saves take an ID of that record like

protected void btnselect_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
String Ref =null;

foreach (GridDataItem dataItem in grdactsandbills.MasterTableView.Items)

CheckBox chkselect = (CheckBox)dataItem.FindControl("chkselect");

if (chkselect.Checked)

Label lblReferenceNumberID = (Label)dataItem.FindControl("lblID");

Ref = lblReferenceNumberID.Text;

txtreferencenumber.Text = Ref;

this Button is in a PopupModal(DevExpress) , when this button is Clicked if assign that value to a textbox that is not part of the modal. and you can see i am doing it on the server side and the break point goes there and the watch shows that yes the value has been assigned to the textbox, but after i close the pop, the Textbox is empty. I am just buffled by this.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 3/1/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

I have abandoned the control, i have done this via the normal ajax. These third party controls sometimes they dont work

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Vuyiswamb, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response