Using Silverlight How Display a Names,Department in DataGrid Based On the ID

Posted by Kranthi under Silverlight on 2/28/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1451 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
i have 2 comboboxes(name,department) name Combobox Contains a Data From StudentNameTable its Display path=Name,Selected Value path=ID,and Department Combobox Contains Data From Department Table Display path=Name,Selected Value path=ID and these two combobox values are stored in Student Details Tables... in StudentDetails Table it Contains only StudentID,DepartmentId....

My Question Is
When i Use Data Grid To Show the Student Details Table It Displays Only The Id,i Want To Disply The StudentName,and DepartmentName means How can I do This

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 3/1/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
When i work with Sivlerlight , i don't do anything different to asp.net. I retrieve my data with a stored-procedure and and in my data layer function i convert the datable to a iList that can be consumed by a Datagrid, and with that iList object i bind the grid and it shows data. Now the question is how do you retrieve your data?

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Kranthi, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Kranthi on: 3/1/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
i used DomainDataSource Control For Retrieve Data to DataGrid

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 3/1/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
eish Wizards , i don't use generated code, Most of the time generated code is confusing and not understandable... i am not sure if i can help you until you are incontrol of the data retrieval process

Sorry dear

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Login to post response