System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound. ---> Syst

Posted by SheoNarayan under Error and Solution on 3/2/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 14786 | Status : [Administrator] | Replies : 2

Strange but true, I was getting below error.

{System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid.  Check InnerException for exception details. ---> System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound.
at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClass5.<EndGetResponse>b__4(Object sendState)
at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<BeginOnUI>b__1(Object sendState)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state)
at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelAsyncRequest.CompleteGetResponse(IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.ChannelBase`1.EndInvoke(String methodName, Object[] args, IAsyncResult result)
at SilverlightDataAccessApp.ServiceReference1.DemoServiceClient.DemoServiceClientChannel.EndLoad(IAsyncResult result)
at SilverlightDataAccessApp.ServiceReference1.DemoServiceClient.SilverlightDataAccessApp.ServiceReference1.DemoService.EndLoad(IAsyncResult result)
at SilverlightDataAccessApp.ServiceReference1.DemoServiceClient.OnEndLoad(IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.OnAsyncCallCompleted(IAsyncResult result)
at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
at SilverlightDataAccessApp.ServiceReference1.LoadCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
at SilverlightDataAccessApp.MainPage.client_LoadCompleted(Object sender, LoadCompletedEventArgs e)
at SilverlightDataAccessApp.ServiceReference1.DemoServiceClient.OnLoadCompleted(Object state)}

This error was because my ADO.NET Entity framework had other tables that was related with my main table (primary foreign key relations). I removed the reference of foreign table from my ADO.NET Entity framework and the problem got resolved.

When you are directly returning the table name entity object to the service you and your table is referenced with primary key and foreign key, you may get this kind of error.

Thanks

Regards,
Sheo Narayan
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

Responses

Posted by: Gsolvers on: 3/6/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks for publishing this information

Best Regards,

VG
www.TeacherJi.com

SheoNarayan, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 3/6/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks sheo for the info!!!!

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

SheoNarayan, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response