Paging in Run time table in vb.net

Posted by Artisingh30 under ASP.NET on 3/9/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 3099 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 5
hello sir
I have created a run time table in vb.net.i am using the concept of fetch the data run time and fill my table cell by cell. its working properly. but due to large record my page length is increasing so i want the concept of paging like grid view but i don't know how to use it so please suggest me through proper code.
Thanks in Advance.

Responses

Posted by: Raja on: 3/9/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
What is the reason of filling the table cell by cell at runtime? You can directly bind into the GridVierw.

Even if you are directly filling the table cell by cell, get the paginated data from the database (use custom paging concept explained here http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article95.aspx) and then fill the table cell by cell.

I know this is not the code but this should give you an idea to write the code.

Thanks

Regards,
Raja, USA

Artisingh30, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Madhu.b.rokkam on: 3/9/2011 [Member] [MVP] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Once you fetch the data from database directly bind the dataset to the gridview as below

gridview.datasource = ds.tables[0];
gridview.databind();

and for paging you need to set the gridview property

EnablePaging = true

Thanks and Regards
Madhu

Posted by: Karthikanbarasan on: 3/10/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Check this link for paging

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/dspaging.aspx

Thanks
Karthik
www.f5Debug.net

Posted by: Prabhakar on: 3/10/2011 [Member] [MVP] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Artisingh30

why not show ur data in iframe tag in ur page . . this way u don't need pegging .

Best Regard's
Prabhakar

Posted by: Artisingh30 on: 3/10/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks for reply. but sorry to say that this is not my answer. Actually Filling a grid view is not my requirement and it is easy to use a gridview for a systematic data but my requirement is totally different that's why i have need of run time table since run time table has the concept of row-span and column span and this facility is not in gridview so i can not use gridview. So please tell me paging in table.
thanks a lot.

Login to post response