Is serialization necessary in asp.net applications?If so,when?

Posted by Sina under ASP.NET on 5/17/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1471 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 7
Hi friends i have a doubt regarding serialization in .net. When do we require serialization in asp.net applications?Is it always necessary to serialize?If not when is it done and whats the purpose of doing so? I read about serialization but still not convinced because i am not getting a direct point which i can understand and is simple to reproduce.Kindly help me on improving my concept on serialization and also on xml serialization.
Thank you......

@Sina

Responses

Posted by: Nithadeepak on: 5/17/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Refer the link
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms973893.aspx
Thanks,

Nitha Deepak

Sina, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Sina on: 5/17/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thank you very much.
I have one more doubt....Once we perform xml serialization the output will be an xml file but is it possible to see the output of deserialized xml file i.e the object?how do we know that deserialization has occurred?

@Sina

Posted by: Nithadeepak on: 5/17/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hope this article helps you.....
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/SerAndDeserialization.aspx
Thanks,

Nitha Deepak

Posted by: Nithadeepak on: 5/18/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Sina,

If u got your problem solved pls mark it as answer.

Thanks,

Nitha Deepak

Posted by: Sina on: 5/18/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Not really i wanted to know whether the output of the deserialized xml file is visible to the user.But thanks for the link. The article was good still couldnt convince or clarify my doubt.

@Sina

Posted by: Chvrsri on: 5/18/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Serialization is a concept of making the data in an object to be divided into a stream of bytes which can be stored in a memory location.

Thanks,
Radha Srikanth

Posted by: Sina on: 5/18/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi i read somewhere "Serialization can be used to transmit data across the internet via web services (a web service project will automatically serialize a class without your knowledge and deserialize it back into a class at the other end ). It can also be used to save custom user or application preferences, saving the state of an application when it is closed or export data for other programs or archiving". So does that mean serialization happens automatically (with reference to the underlined bold sentence)? We need to call Serialize method and pass the object rite?then why is it written like this that it will get automatically serialized without our knowledge?so why do we serialize objects if it happens auto?

Please please need urgent help on the topic!!!

@Sina

Login to post response