ex: when we populating gridview or any control using 3tier architechture how to use Linq

Posted by Jameschowdare under Regular Expressions on 4/24/2009 | Views : 2051 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1
ex: when we populating gridview or any control using 3tier architechture how to use" Linq"

or how to use linq in 3 tier a

Hope This will help all the developers and learners

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 4/24/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Good Afternoon Jameschowdare

Microsoft has done a wonderfull job on link to SQl , but now there is a Catch 24 case. The Future of link is not clear and microsoft said

We're making significant investments in the Entity Framework such that as of .NET 4.0 the Entity Framework will be our recommended data access solution for LINQ to relational scenarios. We are listening to customers regarding LINQ to SQL and will continue to evolve the product based on feedback we receive from the community as well.

So i never liked the fact that i had to write my sql inside my Data layer, i prefare the true N-Tier style one where the SQl Server will handle the Sp creating and the Data layer will call the SP's from the SQl Server and a BLL to call the Functions from the DAL and a PL to call the BLL functions.

Here is how N-tier should be Done

Thank you for Posting at Dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Jameschowdare, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response