unavailable database [Resolved]

Posted by Vuyiswamb under C# on 6/9/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 2721 | Status : [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] | Replies : 2
Good Day All

I am accessing an FDB Database with a WCF service. locally it was working fine, but now i want to access the service that is stting on a remote location. my Connection string looks like this

<add name="FDBConnectionString" connectionString="User=SYSDBA;Password=masterkey;Database=\\192.168.03.14\Database\SCHOOL.fdb;DataSource=192.168.03.14; Port=3050;Dialect=3; Charset=NONE;Role=;Connection lifetime=15;Pooling=true; MinPoolSize=0;MaxPoolSize=50;Packet Size=8192;ServerType=0;"/>

i get an Error when i try to open the Connection

unavailable database

if it take this path and access it fire explorer

\\192.168.03.14\Database\SCHOOL.fdb

i can get to it. i have give all the possible permissions on the file and the Folder. am not sure what is the problem now.

Thanks

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 6/9/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down

Resolved
Thank you very much for your reply.

The above code is the connection string i used , the problem was that i was supposed to use it like this

User=SYSDBA;Password=masterkey;Database=192.168.03.14:\\Database\SCHOOL.fdb ;DataSource=192.168.03.14; Port=3050;Dialect=3; Charset=NONE;Role=;Connection lifetime=15;Pooling=true; MinPoolSize=0;MaxPoolSize=50;Packet Size=8192;ServerType=0;

so i have added an extra slash to show that it is a share folder and a Colon, this are firebird rules in the connection string

Thank you

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Vuyiswamb, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Jayakumars on: 6/9/2011 [Member] [MVP] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi

Vuyiswamb

Can you post your code i will check and try reply soon.

Mark as Answer if its helpful to you

Vuyiswamb, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response