Webservice with Asp.net

Posted by Satyadnet under ASP.NET on 5/6/2009 | Views : 1106 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
Hi everybody,
I need code for :

How can i use webservices in my asp.net application using C#.net, I don't want use Datasets , DataTables etc in that , i want use only xml values . For example i want display employee table has eid , ename fields then i want show those two fields in my GridView , Using Webservice , please anybody help me , i am waiting for your valuable replies...

Thanks ..

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 5/6/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Good Morning Satyadnet
There is an Misunderstanding or Confusion in your Statement. a Using web service does not mean you cant use Datasets or Datatable and a Web Service is a like a class,so if you want to use xml you have to do extra work. i only use XML when am building interfaces between Systems that uses different data source. but you can still use Xml instead of Dataset , but i think you have a lot do serialization , deserialization , creating schemas , am not sure if you want to go that route, but here are the way you can do it

XML to Gridview

Good Luck

Thank you for Posting at dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Satyadnet, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Nareshgoradara on: 5/7/2009 [Member] Starter

Another simple way for using xml is that insted of passing datasets or datatable just pass xml of dataset or datatable, both provides function which returns xml. Use it

Satyadnet, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response