Verify Email Status from mailserver

Posted by JDing under C# on 7/4/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1353 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
Hi,

I'm still New to the C#.

I would like to check is anyone has any idea to check the status of the email from mailserver? I would like to check that particular email whether is reply by the respective person else the reminder will send to them to remind them. The criteria will based on the email address, date and subject.

Kindly share your expertise with me.

Thank You

Best Regards,
Jennifer

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 7/6/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
I don't understand your question, please explain again more clearer

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

JDing, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: JDing on: 7/6/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Vuyiswamb,

Please kindly find my case as following:-

At the first place, I would like to cater all the feedback from my website. Then based on the feedback/queries detail will send to the respective recipient (Backend set who is the recipient).

My problem.
Each day i need system/procedure to check those email whether is REPLY by the recipient? If NOT then I need to forward the email to another incharge person. Therefore, I need to use C# to retrieve those detail for verification. My problem is I'm not sure how to retrieve the email status (email is reply?) and which methods should use. I have checked through is either using POP or IMAP protocol. But i still not sure which way i should use and how to start the program.

Please kindly share your expertise and advise!!~~

Thanks a lot!!!

Best Regards,
Jennifer

JDing, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response