ASP.NET Interview Questions for PL [Resolved]

Posted by Thiru under Interview Questions on 8/16/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 7331 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 7
Hi,
What type of interview questions will be applied for a Project Leader
If there are 3 rounds such as: basic - technical - machine

Language: ASP.NET
Expecting your valuable reply.

Responses

Posted by: Dhirendra on: 8/17/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
it depends on the role you are applied..some time organization expects only technical role and need to involved 70-80 % coding. If org expecting to handle team then following question might help.
1. how will you resolve conflicts between team( e.g. suppose, you gave the same program to two resource and one is saying his code is better than him and other is resource is saying his code is better so how you handle such situation)
2. Other thing they might ask is that if there is a deadline next week and your team is working day night on the task but you realized that it will not going to finish in this week, then how you would handle such situation..
3. explain Projet life cycle (SDLC)
4. Risk management & metigation.
etc..along with some technical questions based on technology..
suppose if org is looking for technical role in project leaders then following qquestion might help.
1. basic understanding of the web application and windows.
2.high level question about the technology
3. desining the appllication and architecture
4. scenario and need to prvide solution which type of architecture needed and which technology..
etc.................expect lot of questions (relevent/unrelevent as well)

Thiru, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Thiru on: 8/17/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks for your reply Dhirendra,
Lets take the org. expecting to handle team.

The points you have mentioned here is valuable.
May i get more along with right answer?
At-least expecting proper link to get these information.

I have mentioned three parts:
Basic, Technical and Machine.

Hope Machine test means - Practical test right?
If not - explain in detail.

Expecting your valuable reply in this regard.

Posted by: Dhirendra on: 8/17/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
yes. Machine test means practical test.. however most of the people who come for project lead position deny for the machine test, may be because of their comfortable level to giving the test. So sometime its better to negotiate with HR that I came for project lead position and not comfortable with machine test. E.g. some XYZ(very much know company) gives machine test to develop a web page which will insert/delete/update data in XML in 45 minutes. If the user finishes the test in 45 minutes then they proceed with the next round. So it does not make sense to the people who never worked on updating insert/update using XML but worked on lot of other thing............
hope this helps........

Up
Down
Nice, Its really nice to see ur reply, because you replied exactly what i expected :) - Thanks.
I like to prepare 500% for an PL interview - so, expecting more interview questions along with answers for PL - Please.

What is the best answer for your above questions:
1. how will you resolve conflicts between team( e.g. suppose, you gave the same program to two resource and one is saying his code is better than him and other is resource is saying his code is better so how you handle such situation)
2. Other thing they might ask is that if there is a deadline next week and your team is working day night on the task but you realized that it will not going to finish in this week, then how you would handle such situation..

Up
Down
see..as per my knowledge you will get different answers from different people.

my answer would be
1. we will ask them to provide some performance statistics of both programs and extensibility of the program.......
2. we will add more resources (if interviewer add constraint on that e.g. no extra resource available), then we will try to motivate the team to finish the task, again if the interview add constraint (e.g. team is so frustrated and working 12 hours per day from last month and not be able to do any extra work) then we will try to negotiate the dead line with client and priorities the pending task and will finish high priority task in that week

Let me know your answers as well....I know you also have answers of the above questions

Up
Down
please don't forget to mark as Answer if you really got the answers you were looking for.....

Up
Down
I agree with your answer.
and more over - i like to get nice sites (url) which are giving interview related questions and answers for PL

most of the site are having questions for freshers only.

Login to post response