Error at the time of Restoring a Database

Posted by Yrajudba under Sql Server on 8/18/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1061 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
HI,

When i try to restore a database bakup file. i am getting the following error.
can any bosy help me how to restore my database.

ERROR:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The database was backed up on a server running version 10.50.1765. That version is incompatible with this server,
which is running version 10.00.1600. Either restore the database on a server that supports the backup, or use a backup that is compatible with this server. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

Responses

Posted by: Nisar87 on: 8/18/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
we can only restored a backup database to a SQL Server that has version higher than the original SQL Server.
usually this occur when you try to restore backup from 2008 R2 to 2008

so choose the latest sqlserver version in order to restore the database

Yrajudba, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Yrajudba on: 8/18/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I dont have any server with higher configuration. i need to restore the database backup from client server to my local server. I think in 2008 it supports all versions of SQL Server 2008,2008R2 etc.

correct me if I am wrong.

is there any alternative to restore the database on my local machine with T-Sql statement

Thanks
Raju

Posted by: Nisar87 on: 8/18/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Another option is to generate the complete script again from client Machine and execute the whole script as query in your local system, this process will solve the compatibility issue.

otherwise you need to install the sql version which is being used at your client server.

Login to post response