Thanks for the reply....
I have done what you suggested but still it is creating and using the default aspnetdb.mdf
Here i am giving you the steps that i have followed:-
(1) i have created an empty website(framework 4)
(2) created a default.aspx page(empty)
(3) copy pasted the code that you suggested in the web.config and changed the credentials
(4) then i used "aspnet_regsql.exe"
tool to configure the membership in my sql server 2008 in the database named "test_db"
(5) i saved the project and open "aspnet configuration"
(6) there in the "provider" tab, there is no provider listed and it is saying "No providers created"
(7) in the security tab i created two roles "admin and user"
(8) i created two user also and assigned them specific roles
(9) i put a login control in the default.aspx page and build my project
(10) everything is running fine and also i am able to login, till here no problem !
(11) But the problem is that it is not using the sql server 2008 database, it has defaultly created a app_data folder and created a aspnetdb.mdf there.
Can you tell me where i am wrong and why it is still using the aspnetdb.mdf. I have already specified my connection string to sql server 2008...
I am totally confused regarding this..!
Please bail me out of here..
Thanks and Regards
Akiii Akiii, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator