Is Sharepoint private or public?

Posted by Sina under SharePoint on 8/31/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1146 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
Is Sharepoint private or public?
This question was aksed in a recent interview by an MNC.
I tried to get an answer but couldnt.Anyone please help me.
Thanks in advance.

@Sina

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 9/2/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
i stand for Correction. but SharePoint is an internal thing , so it should not be available to the public, because to my understanding it is used to share the documents within the Company. so to my opinion its a Private.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Sina, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Ketvin on: 9/12/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Creating a cloud-based SharePoint solution doesn't necessarily mean going outside your datacenter's walls. A private cloud, for example, means you have your own infrastructure in your own datacenter, but yet you benefit from all the automation, auto-scaling, and self-healing capabilities that the public cloud promises. Another option is to have a hybrid cloud, or a combined cloud, where portions of you SharePoint content is in a private cloud, and the rest are in the public cloud. Come to this session to see how private and public clouds compare, and what features or business cases lend themselves to each, or perhaps a combination of each. Also, we'll talk in detail around what a private cloud is as well as technologies that support a private cloud, such as Hyper-V, Systems Center, and the multi-tenancy features of SharePoint 2010

Sina, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response