Save data in current tab before user changes to another tab in ajax tab container

Posted by Sunil446 under ASP.NET AJAX on 9/5/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 2289 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hi,
This is sunil.
Save data in current tab before user changes to another tab in ajax tab container.

To be more clear.

lets say we have 3 tabs like tab1, tab2, tab3 (all are ajax tabs in asp.net page)

all tabs containing text boxes.

If user writes some text in text box of tab1 and switches to tab3. the text in tab1 has to save to database before the tab switches to tab3

Thanks in Advance

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 9/5/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
So what is the Issue ? What dont you wait until all the tabs have been filled and save, you can still do it that was , but it means for each tab you musdt have a StoredProc to save the data which is not efficient.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Sunil446, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Sunil446 on: 9/5/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
its the requirement that i will change the text in active tab i.e. tab1 and moves to other tab i.e. tab3. if i come back to tab1 then the modified data has to be changed

Posted by: Kumaran1987 on: 2/12/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
see this link http://www.kumaran198726.com/2013/02/how-to-maintain-or-retain-tabs-in-same.html

Here I've used in same Tab;

But you will change it Code behind ; because I have used Enum operations to make a tab positions in default.aspx.cs page

so hopefully you can change Enum values as according to your requirements

Kumaran K

Login to post response