Coding Horror in profile section page [Resolved]

Posted by Akiii under DotNetFunda.Com on 9/19/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1261 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 9
Hi webmaster,
I just saw "Coding Horror" section in my profile page. Could you please explain what does this section do ?

Thanks and Regards
Akiii

Responses

Posted by: Chvrsri on: 9/20/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [MVP] Silver | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
Hi Akiii,

kindly read this,

Most of us have inherited projects written by others and from that we learned different ways and approaches that other programmer's used to resolve their problems. Some are good and some are bad. In this section we don't want the name of the Companies or people, but we want you to share with us the most pathetic horrors and horrible code you have ever come across. Let's share it and maybe try to understand why they wrote what they wrote; probably this would help us learning from others mistakes and emerging as a better programmer.

Thanks,
Radha Srikanth

Akiii, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 9/20/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
We Created the Coding Horrors to share the most bad code you have ever seen. Please explain why you think the code or the approach to attempt to resolve the problem is a bad idea.

Thanks

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Posted by: Akiii on: 9/20/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Excellent idea Sir.....

Thank you very much for letting me know..
Regards
Akiii

Up
Down
Hi,
Suppose i find any bad code in a different site, shouldn't that be a violation of that site or the writer if we discuss the code in dotnetfunda ?

Thanks and Regards
Akiii

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 9/20/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
no as i said , you are not allowed to post the name of the person or a company. This includes the code that your fellow programmers write , this is neither the a violation of any rule

[Administrator]

Posted by: Chvrsri on: 9/20/2011 [Member] [Moderator] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down

These lines says it all,

"In this section we don't want the name of the Companies or people, but we want you to share with us the most pathetic horrors and horrible code you have ever come across. "

Do not mention from where it is. we can still discuss why it went bad or what are the scenarios made it to do so.

Thanks,
Radha Srikanth

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 9/20/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks Radha

[Administrator]

Up
Down
Thank you Vuyiswa Sir and Srikanth Sir for the information.

Thanks and Regards
Akiii

Up
Down

Please mark your Post as Resolved.

Vuyiswa Maseko

[Administrator]

Login to post response