how to connect different server in 3 - tier Application

Posted by Saranram under ASP.NET on 9/29/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1431 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
Hi,

I have been recently asked the following question in interview "How to connect or configure different server in 3 - tier Application?" . I explained about three layer architecture in single server. Can someone explain how to configure different server in 3-tier application?

Saran

Responses

Posted by: Mdjack on: 9/29/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,
I am not understand ur requirement. Can u explain breifly

N. MOHAMED ZACKKARIAH

Saranram, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 9/29/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
The 3 Tier Architecture its not necessarily 3 different servers , this are the Layers of your application that can be hosted in one machine. These are like DLL's and Services. So if a person want to separate these layers and place them in different Physical machine, a means of recognition for each layer is required. e.g The Business Layer must be able to find the Data-layer wherever it is hosted. Older technologies before WCF gave that option (Remoting) but it was a pain, I myself don't master that, but with WCF it is possible, so you will add a Reference in your Business Layer that points to the URL service of the Data-layer ., same applies to the Presentation layer.

Hope this Answers your Questions

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Saranram, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response