I've doubt about login page coding [Resolved]

Posted by Sudheep.grandhe under C# on 10/17/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 1078 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 8
Hi,

I've doubt about login page coding..it will shows the error.i am underlined the error please find that.please do the needful
public class DALClass
{
DBConnection dbcon=new DBConnection ();
BEClass being=new BEClass ();
public DataTable loginpage(string uname,string upassword)
{
SqlConnection con=dbcon.conopen ();

Error 1 Cannot convert method group 'conopen' to non-delegate type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection'. Did you intend to invoke the method?

Best,
Sudheep.

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 10/17/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
Instead of this

SqlConnection con=dbcon.conopen ();

are you trying to do this ?

SqlConnection con=dbcon.Open (); 

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Sudheep.grandhe, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Sudheep.grandhe on: 10/17/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

if i tried like sqlconnection con=dbcon.open(); . in intelleseus it wont come . it will come like dbcon.opencon().if i place this connection.it shows the following error.null referenceexception was handled in below connection string
SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["marsweb.imageimpacts"].ConnectionString);

Best,
Sudheep.

Sudheep.grandhe, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 10/17/2011 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
i really dont understand your problem , can you please install Teamviewer and demostrate your Problem. vuyiswamb [at] gmail.com(Gtalk)

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Up
Down
Hi,

I am not having the facility to install teamviewer rightnow.i am sending the gtalk request to you.you can accept my request.

Best,
Sudheep.

Posted by: SheoNarayan on: 10/17/2011 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
Do you have the connectionStrings setting in your web.config file ("marsweb.imageimpacts"), looks like this is the culprit.

Thanks

Regards,
Sheo Narayan
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

Up
Down
Hi,

I am using windows applications.i didn't create the app.config file

Best,
Sudheep.

Posted by: Jiji on: 10/17/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi

U just create one App.Config File.And Set Connection String to Config Section.Just try following Code

string connectionstring=System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["marsweb.imageimpacts"].ToString();
SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(connectionstring);
con.open();

jiji

Posted by: Mittaikariss on: 10/18/2011 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
http://www.dotnetfunda.com/codes/code1748-call-connectionstring-from-appweb-configuration-file.aspx

go and check out.........

http://www.invomtech.com/

....sundarsowmia....

Login to post response