dropdownlist filterization using with ajaxcontroles

Posted by Vanamalisowjanya under ASP.NET on 10/21/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 898 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
hi everyone ,

I have 5 drop down boxes, created using the HTML select tag. On page load, the first box has a few years. Now, when I click on one of the year in the first box, some respected months should appear in the second and when I click on a month in the second box, some respected dates should appear in the third box and when i click on a date in the third box ,some respected time should appear in the fourthbox and when i click on a time in the fourthbox,some category names(like flowers ,images,cars,bikes..........etc) should appear in the fifthbox..........

How can I achieve this using AJAX? I have to use ASP.Net and SQL Server only.I'm a complete noob to AJAX and I've been educating myself about it, but nothing's working out. I've been looking for the code for close to a week. I looked up w3schools.com, but when I tried that code, it didn't work. Please help me out and please tell me step by step, the things required in order to make it work, and what goes where. I have a deadline that is fast approaching and am at my wit's end trying to make it work. HELP ME!!

vanamali .sowjanya

Posted by: SheoNarayan on: 10/21/2011 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

As stated you can use ASP.NET AJAX.

Place an asp:UpdatePanel (http://www.dotnetfunda.com/tutorials/ajax/updatepanel.aspx) and inside keep all 4 DropDownLists.

Specify AutoPostBack=true and onselectedindexchanged event for all 4 as written in this thread http://www.dotnetfunda.com/forums/thread5297-populate-listbox-from-a-dropdownlist-value.aspx and populate the respective DropDownLists.

If you want, you can join today's online technical chat sessions and we can help you by showing an example.

Sheo Narayan

Vanamalisowjanya, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: CS1401 on: 10/21/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Vanamalisowjanya, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response