How to connect with Oracle database through ASP.NET

Posted by Naeem2049 under ASP.NET on 11/21/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 2517 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hi All,

I have scenario in which i want to connect to Oracle database through ASP.NET....

Actually want to display data of Oracle in ASP.NET grid view but the problem is to make connection between Oracle and ASP.NET...

I make search on it may be there are some drivers like softwares to install before connect to Oracle.. but didn't get the perfect solution inorder to find the solution...

Actually want to finished this problem as soon as possible ... so please friends help me out in this scenario...

Thanks to all..

Regards
NAEEM

Responses

Posted by: perfectchourasia-9163 on: 11/21/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
<add name="DbConnectionString" connectionString="User Id=clubitc;Password=clubitc;Data Source=192.168.1.43:1521/clubitc"/>

clubitc is database name which is created in oracle
192.168.1.43 --IP address of system.

ER sandeep chourasia
sandeepchrs@yahoo.com (on facebook)
http://www.aspnetcodes.com/

Naeem2049, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Naeem2049 on: 11/21/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down

Hi ,,

Thanks for reply but it didn't work and throw an error: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 25 - Connection string is not valid)..

Also when i go throw wizard to make connection it will gibe this error message:: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

although i download n install ODBC Oracle Driver but i didn't work...

Plz help me in this...

Thanks

Posted by: Naeem2049 on: 11/23/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi all,

any idea about this error in asp.net while debugging

Keyword not supported: 'userid'.

Thanks

Login to post response