Regarding the webservice

Posted by balajirnaukri-12656 under ASP.NET on 12/10/2011 | Points: 10 | Views : 814 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
I am new to webservice,I know blanks it used to expose the functionality of the server.I dont when to use it.I have heard we shouldnt use all the times
And also my doubt is the webservices is helpful only for the desktop applications where it requires server's database details.Can anyone help me out more than giving the link as I went through many tutorials want helpful.

Thanks and Regards
Balaji.R
ASP.NET Devloper
Solve-IT corp

Responses

Posted by: Arefin on: 12/11/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

Your assumption is not right. Actually web service can be used in both web and desktop or any other platform like handled device (e.g. iPhone, Android etc). Okay you can visit the below links to get more idea what is web service and how it works:\
http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/ws_intro.asp

Thanks,
Arefin

balajirnaukri-12656, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: balajirnaukri-12656 on: 12/12/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi arefin,

Thanks for the clarification that you made.Till date I thought the web-service is meant only for desktop application and mobile apps.Can I get any link which could be with some better live example.

Thanks and Regards
Balaji.R
ASP.NET Devloper
Solve-IT corp

balajirnaukri-12656, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response