What is Membership in asp.net

Posted by Dotnetfundakumar under Regular Expressions on 9/3/2009 | Views : 1709 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
What is Membership in asp.net how will do this
any one post most urgent i need zip file pl send my email id aspdl2008@gmail.com

Regards
Kumar

Responses

Posted by: Poster on: 9/3/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
The ASP.NET version 2.0 membership feature provides secure credential storage for application users. It also provides a membership API that simplifies the task of validating user credentials when used with forms authentication.

For more details, visit http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998347.aspx

Thanks

Dotnetfundakumar, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Dotnetfundakumar on: 9/3/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
i need source code in zip format

Regards
Kumar

Dotnetfundakumar, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 9/3/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Day Dotnetfundakumar

This is not a Good way to learn. a Source Code cannot help you if you dont understand what the subject means. The First thing you need to do is read. They guy has given you a link to get info about it. Get a book and read and you will see how easy it is to do this.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Posted by: Rtpharry on: 9/3/2009 [Member] [MVP] Bronze

Up
Down
Hey,

The MSDN articles can sometimes be a bit dry and technical to follow.

If you really need downloadable source code examples to go along with the information I would suggest checking out the excellent tutorial series here:

http://www.asp.net/learn/security/

They show you how to set up the forms authentication with a sql provider. Each article in the series comes with c# and vb example applications.

This is not the only way to use asp.net membership as you can also run it off Active Directory for example so if that doesnt meet your requirements then please let me know which aspect of membership you want info on.

Login to post response