asp listview records

Posted by 0194ca071007 under ASP.NET on 1/21/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 854 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1
hello , I had created an app in dotnet with windows forms ,here there are som textboxes where user will enter his/her name,collage,contact and city ,after when he click on add button the tecords filled by his/her inthe tectbox will automatically saver in database and also show that record in list is one problem in my app ..if I select any one of record from the list view and click the delete button the record offcurse deleted but along with that ,when any record is inserted the autoincrement od id does not so the records in sequence after being stored in database be more clear suppose i had inserted record no 1,2,3,4,5.... then i need to delet the 3 no record then there is a gap in the sequence, i need that when 3 record is deleter the 4 record automatically change its id to 3 and 5 record automatically change its id to 4 record this is the problem i am facing in my apps so it will be pleasure if u guys help me out .................thanking You Dotnetfunda Group.

Posted by: Blessyjees on: 1/23/2012 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

If you are using sql identity (auto increment) property insert the value for ID, you can't change the value of Id after that created.

Blessy Baby
Digitalmesh Softech pvt Ltd

0194ca071007, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response