ClientSide Printer in

Posted by Chilverupavan under ASP.NET on 1/25/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 3165 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1

I need help.

I am currently developing a web application to print a crystal report directly to the client's printer. The application works well in my pc but when I host the application to our web server, instead of retrieving the printer list in client's pc, the application is trying to look for printers that are installed in the server machine.

I developed my application using C# and I am using System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings.InstalledPrinters to retrieve the printer list I realised it only trying to retrieve printer installed in the local machine.

Is there any way to get the list of installed printer in the client computer?

pleas help meeeeeeee

Posted by: Sandeepkasar on: 4/13/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

You simply cant print form client side in web application because of some?????? security issues
well this is not an issue while developing windows application.
But their is way to print it from client side try to export your report e.g. PDF format (as pdf file will open on client side)
but this again have a major problem ...... when you have different paper size reports.

I have soled the problem to export your crystal report with desired paper size to PDF this works absolutely fine in windows application
but in case of web application??? well works fine only with IE browser with some custom changes........

Sorry buddy I didn't find better solution to than this ..........
Hopefully works fine,

Chilverupavan, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response