problem editing nested datalist from parent datalist

Posted by Babafemi under ASP.NET on 2/3/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 1523 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 0
here' d issue. i put an edit button in the outer datalist and what i want is that when i click the edit button in the outer datalist it will render both the outer and inner datalist into edit mode, but instead, it says "Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control". secondly even i bind the inner datalist to another datasource and i try to render both datalist into edit mode by clicking the edit button of the outer datalist it oly renders the outer datalist into edit mode. please can u tell me how on the click of one button(the edit button of the outer datalist) can render both into edit mode. take into consideration that i dont want the innerdatalist to have a seperate edit button, i want the outer to control the inner. thanks
i used linq to sql' loadwith method to fetch both parent and child tables and object datasource to bind to the datalist

practice and prepare for the of opportunity is comming

(No response found.)

Login to post response