Couldnot Find Installable ISAM

Posted by Sudhak under ASP.NET on 9/17/2009 | Views : 5851 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
Hi everyone

when i try to run the following code I Get the error "Couldnot Find Installable ISAM"

I Have tried following connection strings

string strConn = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" + "D:\\SudhaPractice\\ExcelDBPractice\\ExcelDBPractice\\bin\\Debug\\ExcelDBPractice.xlsx;" + "Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;";
// System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection MySQLConnection = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(@"Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=D:\SudhaPractice\ExcelDBPractice\ExcelDBPractice\bin\Debug\ExcelDBPractice.xlsx;Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;HDR=YES;""");
// System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection MySQLConnection = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(@"Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=D:\SudhaPractice\ExcelDBPractice\ExcelDBPractice\bin\Debug\ExcelDBPractice.xlsx;Extended Properties=Excel 12.0;HDR=YES");
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand MySQLCommand = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand("SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$]", MySQLConnection);

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection MySQLConnection = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(strConn);

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter da = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(MySQLCommand);
DataSet ds = new DataSet();
da.Fill(ds);

Responses

Posted by: Jomgrg on: 6/21/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

please refer this blog..

http://jomgrg.blogspot.com/2011/06/excel-2007-and-other-versions-uploading.html

Thank you.

Regards,
Jom George

Sudhak, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Lakn2 on: 6/21/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
try this

http://dotnetguts.blogspot.com/2006/10/import-excel-to-datagrid-aspnet.html

Thanks&Regards
LakshmiNarayana Nalluri.

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 9/17/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Day Sudhak

Am 100% Sure that your Connection string is not Correct. i got this Error in my easily days of Programming, using Access as my back end. obviously using Ole DB. i found out that the Connection string was wrongly constructed.

Let me go back to my archives, i will show you in a minute how to resolve this error.

Thank you for posting at dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Posted by: Rtpharry on: 9/17/2009 [Member] [MVP] Bronze

Up
Down
This error came up recently in another thread on these forums:

http://www.dotnetfunda.com/forums/thread790-error-when-reading-excel-spreadsheet.aspx

The problem is due to an incorrect connectionstring syntax somewhere.

I dont have much experience in this area however if you are using xlsx file type then you have to use 12.0 and from the examples I have seen you should also have hdr=yes in there.

Login to post response