Failed to update service reference in Client

Posted by Ramyaramadoss under WCF on 2/28/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 4865 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
Hi,

I am working in the 4 layered Architecture, say for ex: Business, DAL,Service UI.

In UI, I have a client-UI process to call & update the service in client side.I have hosted the service in IIS. But when I update the service in UI, 'Reference.cs' is not getting updated.It remains blank. Can anyone please help me & sort out the problem.

Thanks & Regards

Ramya.

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 2/28/2012 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
When you say Update the Service you mean the WCF service , can you please give us more info

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Ramyaramadoss, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Blessyjees on: 2/28/2012 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

Can you specify the return type of your web service. if you are using array, it will cause some issues

Blessy Baby
Digitalmesh Softech pvt Ltd
https://blessybaby.wordpress.com/

Posted by: Ramyaramadoss on: 2/28/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks for the replies & suggestions

Actually return type is 'GenericList' .

I create a SVC file in 'Service.Host'.Then I host the service in IIS.Creating a SVC file in ServiceHost is done in ServiceLayer.I have service Contract & Service projects in the service layer.then I update it in 'Presentation' where in Presentation,I have another project named 'UI.Process' in which I update the client reference.So when I update the reference by giving the service path in the client, I am not able to get the reference code in Reference.cs

Posted by: Ramyaramadoss on: 2/28/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

In the dialogbox 'Add Service Reference' ,in the address bar,I gave the service hosted path.
Here you can see EmailService,PersonService & HumanResourceService.Among these 3 service HumanresourceService is
problamatic in which the 'Reference.cs' is blank as seen behind the dialog box without any updates.
Due to this I am getting error in the client.
I have attached all the screen shots for your reference.
 Download source file

Login to post response