How to Export All FormViews to a PDF?

Posted by Sathiya_Narayanan under ASP.NET on 3/19/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 8975 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
Hi,

Scenerio:

I have 20 records retrieved from DB.

Each record is being displayed in a formview. I want to export all '20' records/formviews to a PDF file.

How can accomplish this?

Any suggestion?

On a button click event all forms to be convert into PDF.
Thanks,

SATHIYANARAYANAN

Responses

Posted by: Sksamantaray on: 3/20/2012 [Member] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi SATHIYANARAYANAN,
Try to use Reporting tool like ssrs.

Thanks,
Sanjay

Sathiya_Narayanan, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Rajni.Shekhar on: 3/22/2012 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,
I have done gridview data export to pdf, may be that code help you to export from formview to pdf.

http://www.dotnetfunda.com/codes/code2077-export-gridview-into-pdf.aspx

Thanks,
Rajni Shekhar

Sathiya_Narayanan, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Sksamantaray on: 3/22/2012 [Member] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Rajni Shekhar,
I need this , but my requirement is if grid has 3 pages the excel sheet has to have 3 sheets(Exact replica of what is in gridview with paging)

Thanks,
Sanjay

Posted by: Rajni.Shekhar on: 3/22/2012 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Yes you can also do it by writing some more code there, check for next page and create a new sheet, write code to export data in paging loop.

or there is other way, take a temGridView in thak take page by page data from original gridview and export tempGridView to excel's new sheet. i did same job but right now can not provide you whole code.

Thanks,
Rajni Shekhar

Login to post response