The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' is ambiguous: it could come from assembly

Posted by Pand under ASP.NET on 3/20/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 3099 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' is ambiguous: it could come from assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' or from assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'. Please specify the assembly explicitly in the type name. 

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' is ambiguous: it could come from assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' or from assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'. Please specify the assembly explicitly in the type name.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

I am getting above error.please help me to solve this.

Thanks&Regards
PAND

Responses

Posted by: Sksamantaray on: 3/20/2012 [Member] Silver | Points: 25
Posted by: Rajni.Shekhar on: 3/22/2012 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
ambiguous errors comes when there are more than one same kind of library used in your application (directly or indirectly).

And same as i said, your expection detail shows, there are two assembly of System.Web.Extensions.dll using by your application.

Thanks,
Rajni Shekhar

Pand, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response