Installing SQL Server 2008 issue

Posted by Srikrishna777 under Sql Server on 10/21/2009 | Views : 1027 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 5
Hi,

I am trying to install SQL Server 2008 severely for the last 3 days.
Earlier I have SQL Server 2008.But it was crashed recently.So,I have uninstalled previous SQL Server 2008 components and trying to install afresh.
During the installtion,It is installing upto set up files and asking for a licence key where here it is disable.I have just go on "Next".Then instead of going to next steps ,it is going for the previous step and asking for a "New SQL Server Stand-alone installation or add features to an existing System " window.

What Should I do now.?Please help me.Thanks InAdvance.

M.Srikrishna Murthy

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 10/21/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Day Srikrishna777

You need to Create a new Instance that is what you want. Select a new SQL Server Stand-Alone. Because you said the Previous one Crushed. but if you want to restored it the other option is for that.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Srikrishna777, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Srikrishna777 on: 10/21/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Hi Vuyiswamb,

I have selected the new SQl Server Stand-Alone option and tried many times.Then it will install setup files and then it is asking for the product Key,licence.There the options are also in disabled state.So,I am not able to enter any product key values and clicking on Next.
When I click on Next,instead of moving forward,it is again showing the starting options.(like New SqlServer stand-Alone installation etc).
.I have uninstalled and deleted all the old instances of sqlserver2008.
What I can do in this scenario..

Thanks,
M.Srikrishna Murthy

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 10/21/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Day Srikrishna777

Is it SQL Express that you are trying to install ?

Can you please send a Screenshot of Steps you do. Put this in a Word document and edit your first Post and upload or mail it to me vuyiswa@its.co.za

Thank you for posting at DotnetFunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

[Administrator]

Posted by: Srikrishna777 on: 10/22/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Hi Vuyiswamb,

Sure.I will send a mail to you with screenshots.

Thankyou,
M.Srikrishna Murthy

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 10/22/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
i will Wait for it.

Thank you for Posting at DotnetFunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

[Administrator]

Login to post response