ASP.NET slows down other apps

Posted by YelMak under ASP.NET on 10/22/2009 | Views : 978 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hello,
I have an interesting complain from my user that whenever the Asp.net 2.0 application runs on his machine, it slows down other apps. The performance doesn't improve even after he exits Asp app. However, when he restarts his machine, other applications start responding fast, until he opens Asp app page again. Upgrading memory (to 2Gb) did not help.
I do not experience antyhing like this on my machine.

Any advice is highly appreciated
Thanks!

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 10/23/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Day YelMak

Its not easy to diagnose that. but due to the experience i have, i have once came across something like that, but it was my fault, because in times of VB.NET 1.1 you could declare a variable and not use it, and the Compiler will not complain and that will eat your memory. Well that did not happen in my development machine as it does not happen to you , but it happened in the production server. you could see from the task manager that your app is eating some memory. am not saying that is the case on your scenario. but this type of behaviors can be caused by infected setups too , or poor programming or it can be anything. i think you need to setup a test environment on your side, not your development site. and check this is happening to your system.

Thank you for posting at DotnetFunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

YelMak, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: YelMak on: 10/23/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Vuyiswa, thank you for your response!

The same application runs just fine in on other 4 machines, it's just that this user's machine is an issue.

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 10/26/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
i think there must be a worm on that computer. just ask the user to scan it with a updated AV.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Login to post response