how i pass data from popup window to main window

Posted by Santosh.Choudhury under ASP.NET on 4/13/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 6643 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 6
i have a link button onclick popup a window is open there is
a gridview with checkbox and also a close button outside the gridview after check the checkbox
i click the close button then all checked data is transfer through
session and the popup window is closed.and
i want to display the session data in textbox how is possible it .its urgent plz help

Responses

Posted by: Leila on: 4/13/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
I think you can use Session to save data and then transfer it

Thanks,
Leila

Santosh.Choudhury, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Santosh.Choudhury on: 4/13/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
but my problem is the popup window is not close in single click.i dont know where i write the code .if i write it on raisepopupbutton onclick event
the popup is not open still all the event code is not complete .plz send me some link i go throug it

Santosh.Choudhury, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Pavanandey on: 4/13/2012 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
once you click the button on server side on button_clcik event add data to session and then call the javascript funtion to close the window and then reload the parent page so in the parent page check it the session is having any data and if exists you can load the data

Thanks
Pavan Kumar
Mark Answer if this fits the need

Posted by: Rajni.Shekhar on: 4/13/2012 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
You can do onething, take a hidden field in parent page and before closing pop up window, set session value in the hidden field.

or

you can also set value in parent's textbox before closing pop-up window.

It will work.

Thanks,
Rajni Shekhar

Posted by: Santosh.Choudhury on: 4/13/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi rajni
can you send me the code or some link where this type of problem has solved.

Posted by: Rajni.Shekhar on: 4/13/2012 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
self.opener.document.getElementById(parent_text_box_id).value='set your values here.';this.close();

or refer this.

http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article994-how-to-receive-value-from-popup-page-to-parent-page.aspx

Thanks,
Rajni Shekhar

Login to post response