pls help me in installing SQL Server 2008.?

Posted by Srikrishna777 under Sql Server on 11/5/2009 | Views : 838 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hi,

I am trying to install sql server 2008 from the last three days..but there was no progress.Earlier,I have SqlServer 08,but that was crashed,So I am trying to install sql server 08 from the begining.

So,
1)I have uninstalled the existed Sql server 08
2)Removed all the features from control panel->Programs and features and no sql services existed in the Services
3)Completely removed the folder"Microsoft SQL Server" from C:\Program Files.
4)Removed sql related registry keys from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mocrosoft\

When I am Installing ,I am able to install till support Files only.Support files files are successfully getting installed .After support files,It is not showing any further windows (like Feature Selection Window etc),and again it is showing the starting window .So,I couldnot move forward.Please help in this to go ahead.

Thanks,
Krishna

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 11/5/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Day Krishna

I think i once Communicated with you about this Problem. The Only Solution for you is to reinstall Vista.

Thank you for posting at dotnetFunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Srikrishna777, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Srikrishna777 on: 11/5/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Hi Vuyiswa ,

Thanks for your response.Yes,we have communicated about this problem earlier.But,I am finding if there are any ways of installing sql08 .I have tried many ways ,but not worked.As you said,It seems reinstalling vista will be the only solution to this problem..I will try that.

Thanks,
Srikrishna

Posted by: Rajesh.Dharmakkan on: 11/24/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
If you installed dotnet then remove dotnet then try to install sql server 2008, I got a error like this.

Login to post response