How send alert notification in asp.net

Posted by Shoyebaziz123 under ASP.NET on 5/17/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 3179 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hi All,

I am working on web application , in my project there is some type of testing and task assignment to employees.

Now when an employee complete a task and assigned to a user the user automatically get the message on his page ( there is 3 user accessing application , one is admin , second is tester and third is verifier ...both of them works on different pages , now when admin assign a task the tester automatically get a notification " new message " ( for this i am using master page)..on whatever page the tester is on working... now if the tester is completes it 's task and assign to verifier , verifier must get notification "new message" ... and so on..)

for this a have put a button on master page ..and also i have make a windows service that runs on every minute , now my problem is how i sent the message from windows service to my master page button ( that i change text of button).

Is this idea working ?

if another approach exist please tell me

Thanks in advance.

Responses

Posted by: Ogipansrk on: 5/21/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
With silverlight it is possible.
And
Try using ajax .

Shoyebaziz123, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 5/21/2012 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi

please explain what you mean here

for this a have put a button on master page ..and also i have make a windows service that runs on every minute , now my problem is how i sent the message from windows service to my master page button ( that i change text of button).

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Posted by: perfectchourasia-9163 on: 6/8/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Use mail sending option
http://sandeep-chourasia.blogspot.in/2011/05/send-mail-in-aspnet.html

ER sandeep chourasia
sandeepchrs@yahoo.com (on facebook)
http://www.aspnetcodes.com/