How to deploy .rdlc report ?

Posted by Mahe under ASP.NET on 5/25/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 4586 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hi All,

How to deploy .rdlc report ? I am able to run in my local system but when i tried to deployed in the server, only report header is displayed.
Please guide me to solve this problem.

Thanks&Regards,
Mahe

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 5/25/2012 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
The Problem with RDLC is that they are Embeded with the Connection to the DB , and if there is a Problem displaying data they dont give an Error , they will just give you a Blank report, make sure that when you test it in on your machine you use the connection string to you will use when you deploy the app, unless you dynamically pass the connection string on the app

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Mahe, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Sriramnandha on: 5/25/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
IUSR_MachineName means user from network.

If the web server on the another server which is different from report server. Please enable the account IUSR_MachineName.
If the web server is on the same server of report server, please use the ASPNET/Network Services account.

regards

sriram

Posted by: THU062012 on: 5/25/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: <a href="http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/accounting-manager-interview-questions/">Accounting manager interview questions</a>

Best regards.

Login to post response