How to pass the variables values from android to asp.net page(aspx)

Posted by Sandsip under Mobile Development on 5/25/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 4395 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
How to pass the variables values from android to asp.net page(aspx)

for i want to create an android app

when i open my app i want to pass the values of latitude and longitude of my current landmark to ASP.net page

asp.net page link is http://careerimpulse.com/anroid.aspx

variables are below
Timestamp:
DeviceID
Lat
Long
Address

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 5/25/2012 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
Good Day Sandsip

You cant do that , remember Android app runs in a Different virtual machine than the asp.net app, so in your mind you might have thought that you can host a web service that could be called by the Android app , but the best way to do this is to write a WCF rest service that will be hosted from the asp.net side and call the Service from your Android app and store the co-ordinates in the Database and if the asp.net app needs the data it can get them from there.

Hope this helps

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Sandsip, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Sandsip on: 5/25/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
But i In order to receive data from android client following features needs to be accommodated on your IIS/ASP.NET server:
1. 1. Establish a ASP.NET webservice ( web form )

2. 2. Android client will access the this webservice send following data

a. Location data - lat/long/address

b. Picture ( jpg format )

c. Video ( mp4 format )

d. Any other data we can add in future based on the project scope

3. 3. ASP.Net service will create placeholder for received data in database / file system and make use of the data as per your current or future project workflow

4. 4. Once we establish is Android / IIS server communication later we can use the framework for any other projects too.

this wht i m look for

Sandsip, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response