What is CLR (Common Language Runtime)?
Interview question and answer by: Raja
| Posted on: 4/12/2008 | Category: .NET Framework Interview questions
| Views: 5167 |
This is an execution engine for .NET Framework application. It provides a number of services including
1. Code Management
2. Application memory isolation
3. Verification of type safety
4. Conversion of IL to native code.
5. Access to meta data
6. Managing memory for managed objects
7. Enforcement of code access security
8. Exception handling, including cross-language exceptions.
9. Inter operation between managed code, COM objects and pre-existing DLLs (Unmanaged code and data)
10. Automation of object layout
11. Support for developer services (profiling, debugging etc.)
| Alert Moderator
Found interesting? Add this to: