1. It is a Collection of names wherein each name is Unique.
2. They form the logical boundary for a Group of classes.
3. Namespace must be specified in Project-Properties.
1. It is an Output Unit. It is a unit of Deployment & a unit of versioning. Assemblies contain MSIL code.
2. Assemblies are Self-Describing. [e.g. metadata,manifest]
3. An assembly is the primary building block of a .NET Framework application. It is a collection of functionality that is built, versioned, and deployed as a single implementation unit (as one or more files). All managed types and resources are marked either as accessible only within their implementation unit, or by code outside that unit.
Source: http://weblogs.asp.net/varad/archive/2005/09/02/424325.aspx | Asked In: Many Interviews |