Azure Table storage : It is built on top of the Azure Storage platform.
• It comprises flexible or schema-less entities.
• No referential integrity between the tables, and no custom indexes.
• It can scale massive amounts of data due to the partition key.
• Can be thought as s single spreadsheet.
• SQL Azure : It is an SQL Server that has been configured to be hosted on top
of the Windows Azure in a high availability mode.
• It comprises standard SQL Tables with indexes and referential integrity.
• It may not scale as far as Azure Table storage.
• Look familiar to any .Net developer who has used Sql server 2008 prior.
Source: MSDN | |