Some of the OOB features of SharePoint that aid with governance of an environment are discussed as folows:
1) Site templates – This feature is used for consistent branding, site structure, and layout which can enforce a set of customizations that are applied to a site definition.
2) Quotas – This will limits the amount of storage a site collection can use.
3) Locks - This feature will prevent users from either adding content to a site collection or using the site collection.
4) Web application permissions and policies – This feature is used for comprehensive security settings that apply to all users and groups for all site collections within a Web application.
5) Self-service site creation - This feature will enables the users to create their own site collections, thus must be incorporated into a governance scheme.
Asked In: Many Interviews |